Posted August. 05, 2008 04:03,
A presidential security team will seek to provide maximum security for U.S. President George W. Bush over his two-day visit to Seoul from today.
A presidential office source in Seoul said, Bushs visit to Korea is the biggest diplomatic event since the inauguration of President Lee Myung-bak. A series of candlelight rallies opposing Koreas resumption of American beef imports have been held in central Seoul. Given that, we have put the security team on maximum alert.
The Presidential Security Service mid-last month set up a security team just for Bush and team members have undergone tough training. They will team up with the U.S. Secret Service to conduct joint operations.
Security officials in Seoul have inspected Bushs accommodations and routes and come up with contingency plans for each possible scenario.
The security service, which supervises its own agents and also police and other security forces, will consider every possibility of terrorist attack at Bushs accommodations and the places he will visit.
Checks will be conducted on passers-by and food provided for the U.S. leader.
To deal with anti-U.S. protests and unexpected events, police will deploy 7,000 guards to protect Bushs accommodations and routes and another 16,000 to hold off protesters.
A Seoul official said, Police will mainly deal with outbreaks of protests and traffic control and the Presidential Security Service and the U.S. Secret Service will guard President Bush.