Go to contents

Pre-orders of Galaxy Note 8 hit over 800,000 in Korea

Posted September. 16, 2017 07:32,   

Updated September. 16, 2017 07:49


According to the electronics giant on Friday, online and offline pre-release sales of its latest flagship gadget have reached at 850,000 in the first eight days of its presale. The sales have outnumbered more than double than its predecessor Galaxy Note 7’s record at 380,000 for 13 days of pre-order last year. The latest smartphone has easily broken the total subscription sales record of Note 7 on the first pre-order day, receiving 395,000 reservations.

Samsung's mobile division chief Dong-Jin Koh told South Korean media Tuesday that the subscription would beat the 800,000 level, saying, "Pre-orders of the Galaxy Note 8 on the first day have exceeded our expectations."

According to Samsung Electronics, 64GB model accounts for 65 percent of the total subscribed units, while the remaining 35 percent opted for the 256GB model. When broken down into colors, "Midnight Black" and "Deep Sea Blue" have taken the top picks.

While three mobile carriers including SKT, KT and LG U+ have opened their services for early adopters of the Galaxy Note 8 on Friday, Samsung's new flagship smartphone will begin its official sales on next Thursday.

Ji-Hyun Kim jhk85@donga.com