Posted February. 24, 2015 07:17,
North Korea has banned foreigners from participating in the annual Pyongyang marathon competition in April to prevent the spread of the Ebola virus.
Koryo Tours, a Beijing-based travel agency specialized in North Korea, said on Monday, We have been informed by Pyongyang that no foreign runners -- amateur and professional will be allowed to participate in the 2015 Pyongyang marathon. The agency said, We were told that the decision is in line with the regimes measures taken out of concerns for the spread of the Ebola virus. Young Pioneer Tours, another China-based travel agency, also confirmed the Norths decision.
North Korea has banned the entry of foreigners to block the spread of Ebola since October last year.
The Pyongyang marathon marks 28th anniversary this year. Although few foreigners participated in the event for a long time, it attracted an estimated 200 people from 27 countries in last years race.